Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Stereo Liquivibe Demo Oct 23rd 2012


 Today I tried making a video-demo to post on youtube, but I couldn't manage to import the recording into Adobe Audition for editing. I'll have to figure all that stuff out sometime.
I did however end up with some better audio-recordings of the Stereo Liquivibe so I decided to post those anyway.
you'll just have to imagine me rocking my foot on the threadle and see the blinking-rate of the LED change along with the effect's speed. :)


Stereo Liquivibe Demo Oct 23rd 2012

These are the songs I played in the demo;
Pink Floyd - Breathe, Mono Chorus setting, Intensity backed off to about 3 o'clock.
Jimi Hendrix - Drifting, Stereo Chorus setting
Jimi Hendrix - Hey Baby, First half Stereo Vibrato setting, second half Mono Chorus setting.
Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun, Mono Chorus setting.

played through;
Squier Classic Vibe '60 Stratocaster - 2006 Fulltone '69 germanium fuzz - Liquitone Stereo Liquivibe - Liquitone Dual Plexi Drive - 12W Tweed Deluxe on the left, 5W Fender Champion 600 reissue on the right.

Recorded on a Tascam DR-7mkII

Edit; I noticed some unwanted noise and treble content in this last demo and also noticed it during rehearsals. I managed to trace it back to my modded wah/treblebooster. (it was off, but in the chain during this recording)
I'm going to troubleshoot the wah in the coming week and after that I will make some proper sound-demo's in the rehearsal room, (studio Decitel, Oosterwolde, in The Netherlands.) where I can turn the amps up to proper volume levels.
(I found I get tense when recording these demo's at home due to possibly annoying the neighbors, which affect my playing in a bad way. Also having amps on low volumes doesn't give a clear example on how these pedals sound in rehearsal/live situations)

This is also an excellent opportunity to make some proper demo's of my other builds, like the germanium treble-booster, tremolo and octave-fuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment